The Swiss flagship dealer of British luxury car manufacturer, Aston Martin St.Gallen, is building a new dealership for these iconic, luxury high-performance sports cars. Skyline Parking AG , the manufacturer of automated parking systems (APS), is building 90 parking spaces to be integrated into the new dealership in record time.
From start to finish, the total construction time for Aston Martin St.Gallen is less than 12 months.
Numerous features make this car parking facility special:
- Integration into the dealership building and showroom
- Ultra-efficient use of total car parking area and volume
- Entry/exit areas integrated into the building structure (rather than protruding outwards)
- Multiple entry/exit areas, each on different levels
The Skyline L -Park APS will utilize an advanced double-depth, side-stacking design to achieve a total footprint of less than 303 sq. meters. With a height of only 14 meters, the total volume will be 4,242 cubic meters. This clearly demonstrates the L -Park‘s amazing car parking space efficiency. Conventional car parks normally require 100 cubic meters volume per space or more. The A ston Martin St.Gallen L -Park reduces this to a super-efficient 47 cubic meters.
As for the fast construction...
- The contract for the Skyline L -Park was signed in January 2015
- On-site construction began March 2015
- Excavation and erection of the steel rack framework was completed in July 2015
- Installation of parking space hardware commenced in August 2015 (conveyor belts)
- Also in A ugust, testing of lateral transport and double deep parking system began in A rbon (Eastern Switzerland)
- Preliminary testing of the major components was scheduled for completion by mid-September 2015, after the components had been sent to the construction site and the transport unit had been sent as a complete assembly
- The installation of entry and exit lobbies followed by testing will start in October
- Skyline’s controls and the customer‘s software will be integrated, coordinated and tested in January
- Hand-over to the customer is scheduled for March 2016
When it comes to sustainability, the Skyline L -Park will utilize the world‘s most recycled and recyclable material, steel, for the majority of the building structure and the all the racks for parking spaces. Besides the fact that the L-Park is small in size, the use of steel maximizes the off-site fabrication of structural members, which substantially minimizes on-site erection, reducing waste and local disruption and guaranteeing high assembly quality in a factory environment.
Fast, luxury cars deserve state-of-the-art parking efficiency and security. Having Skyline L-Park built for the Aston Martin St.Gallen dealership will provide just that in many different and dramatic ways.
Project progress in pictures
End of August 2015 - Steel rack framework completed
September 2015 – integration of transport unit on site
About Skyline Parking AG
Skyline Parking AG designs and supplies the most space-efficient and fastest fully automated parking systems. Skyline’s systems provide high returns while being an environmentally and user-friendly answer to the growing scarcity and cost of urban space, worldwide. The broad range of products, means that Skyline Parking has a solution for virtually any location, problem or requirement.