Following a comprehensive tender exercise at the beginning of 2015 the Bid Team at Smart Parking are pleased to have been awarded a position on Eastern Shires Purchasing Organisation (ESPO) Framework 509 for Parking Management Solutions.
ESPO is a local authority owned purchasing and supply consortium. It is jointly owned by the county councils of Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Lincolnshire and Norfolk and city council of Peterborough.
The framework offers public sector bodies a quick, simple and competitive route to purchasing pay & display solutions and parking management information systems.
Smart Parking have been appointed to LOT 1 of the framework which covers pay & display solutions, parking bay sensor technology, Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) and marketing capabilities.
Who can use this Framework?
The framework is available for use by public sector bodies throughout the UK including,
- Local Authorities
- NHS Bodies
- Educational Establishments including Universities
- Police & Emergency Services
- Central Government Departments & their agencies
- Registered Charities
Benefits to Purchasers of using the Framework
- Smart Parking have been ‘pre-qualified’ by ESPO and Customers can be assured that we as a company possess sound policies in regards to health and safety, sustainability, are financially secure, and have demonstrated a solid track record of supply to the sector, and an understanding of its needs
- There is no need for Customers to undertake lengthy and costly EU-compliant procurement processes; all these necessary formalities have been carried out by ESPO, which means that customers may simply approach Smart Parking, without the need for pre-qualification.
- Customers can choose to either conduct a further competition between the framework suppliers or to ‘call-off’
- By establishing relationships with Smart Parking, the framework may promote opportunities for beneficial collaborative working – joint procurement – between customers, with potential economies of scale and operational efficiencies
- Quick & easy to use. This framework is compliant with all EU/UK procurement legislation – ESPO have already done the procurement work, so there’s no need to run a full OJEU tender.
- It’s free. Customers will not be charged for using this framework.
Smart Parking’s Bid Manager Rob Weaver comments “This is a significant award for Smart Parking, and all the team who worked hard on putting together an excellent, comprehensive bid. We look forward to working with new customers through the Framework, demonstrating why we are one of the leading companies in the industry”.
Full details of the ESPO framework can be found here
About Smart Parking
Formed in 1993, Smart Parking is now one of the largest and fastest-growing car parking management companies in the UK. Smart Parking specialises in some of the most technically innovative solutions available in the market and continually leads the way in the development and application of these technologies, which they market under the 'Smart' systems brand. They develop industry-leading technology and provide their clients with the very best parking management solutions. Whether you have a large, multi-storey car park, a handful of on-street spaces, an event to marshal or are planning a major car park development, they can help find the smartest solution.