There are still some last booths available at The 3rd Shanghai International Parking Equipment & Intelligent System Expo 2008 (INTERPAKING SHANGHAI 2008), will be held from Oct.15 to Oct.17 at Shanghaimart.
About EventThe 3rd Shanghai International Parking Equipment & Intelligent System Expo 2008 (INTERPAKING SHANGHAI 2008), focused on the theme of Would Expo 2010 ShanghaiChallenges and Chances to Urban Static Traffic. On the basis of successful successive editions, the Shanghai International Parking Equipment & Intelligent System Expo has evolved into one of the largest parking equipment events nationwide in term of scale.
This event will be exhibiting parking equipment (including mechanical parking equipment, multi-storied/ self-propelled parking platform, parking systems for bicycles and motor scooters), components, parking management systems (including access control system, vehicle recognition sub-system and parking guidance system, on-street parking management) and relevant software/ services for the sake of tackling car-parking puzzle of equipment and technology.
Event BackgroundHigh Pressure on Parking Issue during World Expo 2010 Shanghai
Following the rising of peoples living standard, the quantities of private cars have been dramatically increased in large/medium cities. According to Statistics Bulletin of National Economy & Social Development 2007, Chinas private automobile in possession has reached 56.97 million by the end of 2006, i.e. 23 citizens/per car on average. In the light of calculation on the present parking space, the floor space for one car (plus public floor space) approximately needs 40-50m2. Shanghai as an example, the difficulties for parking in down town are going from bad to worse with each passing day. In accordance with the third panoramic traffic investigation in Shanghai, the city lacks 60,000 public parking booths, and it will be doubled in 2010 in estimation.
The visitor flow of 70 million person-times and 0.4 million person-times/per day during the period of Would Expo 2010 will cause huge parking pressure in down town.
1. Due to the oversight of the consideration of car-parking needs in design of residential areas and following the increase of privates cars, the old-styled residential areas built during earlier periods are seriously in shortage of car-parking booths.
2. Hospitals, financial establishments, tourist scenic areas, shopping malls have become the most perplexed spots for car-parking.
3. Shortage in parking booths. Parking at both sides of roads/narrow streets/alleys cause not only traffic jams and insecurity, but also unfavorable city appearance.
Solutions to Parking Issue
1. The existing parking lots at old-styled and public premises should be modified into multi-storeyed parking lots. So the car-parking booths could be doubled or tripled without the need of changing the present structures and sizes.
2. A new wave of parking lots/garages should be built in down town during the development of transportation hub, public green space, urban /commercial facilities as a supplement to the shortage of car parks.
3. Encourage the newly-planned projects to build multi-storeyed parking lots, and meanwhile support vigorously multi-storeyed parking lot business.
4. Full consideration should be paid to the possibility of building multi-story parking lot in blueprints of small/medium sized cities, so as to avoid the unnecessary cost for future modification.
For more information, please get access to www.interparkingshanghai.net