David is an internationally recognized parking, transportation and mobility professional. He is a Certified Administrator of Public Parking, and has occupied senior management positions within the parking and urban mobility industry since 1986.He was the Director of Parking and Transportation Services at the University of Western Ontario (1990-2000), the founding Chief Executive Officer of the Winnipeg Parking Authority (2003-10), and the National Director for Ascom Transport Systems in Canada; he has also led many international projects in strategies, organizational redesign and technical upgrades. He has worked in educational, medical, municipal and airport environments, and has led many transformational industry Boards and task forces. In addition to parking and mobility planning, David retains professional expertise in the business aspects of community based urban mobility programs, and in developing innovative organizational and business solutions to day to day operational challenges.
David’s services include parking and transportation sector supply, demand and utilization assessments, demand management, alternative transportation, bicycle and vehicle facility functional design, as well as business and strategic planning, operational audits and performance development, facilities planning and operation, technologies and innovation, staff training and mentoring, and development of community resources and solutions to practical urban mobility challenges. He is also a visionary leader and works with senior executives to reformulate and re establish municipal and private sector parking programs to make them more effective and profitable.
David is a Director, as well as the professional education and accreditation coordinator, for the World Parking Symposium and the International Parking Institute. He is a well known mobility innovator and a strong community partnership builder. He has received several International Awards of Excellence from the International Downtown Association, the International Parking Institute, and other organizations. In 2010 David received the Chair’s Award for Service to the Industry and was recognized as North American Parking Professional of the Year. He was also recognized with the Mayor’s Award for his contribution to the City of Winnipeg. He is a frequent speaker in parking and mobility issues in North and South America, Australia, Europe and the Middle East.
David has served with distinction as a planning and logistics specialist and Executive Officer in the Royal Canadian Navy.
• Strategic Planning, Business Planning, Parking and Transportation Studies, Supply and Demand Management, Audit and Best Practices
• Strategic business planning and implementation, finance, policy, by-laws, best practices and customer service
• Community parking plans, studies, supply and demand analysis, public consultation and implementation
• Service outsourcing and public private partnerships,
• Needs analysis and parking facility feasibility studies
• Parking facility optimization, maintenance and operation
• Development and Implementation of Parking Management Technologies
• Installation and implementation, major facility Parking Revenue Control Systems
• Development and equipment of major surface parking areas
• Integrated parking and transit management strategies, technologies, fare and service coordination, site planning, and functional design
• Design of inter-site parking zones, automation and implementation of revenue control systems
• Design and implementation of solar, wireless, cellular and GPS based remote payment systems
• Conversion of parking garages to Central Cashier, Pay on Foot or Exit Cashier systems
• Structural and operational renewal and rehabilitation of parking garages
• Conversion of manual enforcement, administration, and customer service systems to wireless automation
• Design and implementation of mobile license plate recognition monitoring systems
• Design and implementation of communication centre and IP camera systems
• Design and implementation of real time GPS based asset tracking and remote billing systems
• Design and implementation of automated parking guidance way finding systems
• Special event parking and mobility solutions
Canadian Parking Association Parker