Over 13+ years in the car park management sector in the business development arena with 10 of these in senior management roles. Highly experienced in off-street car park management projects of all kinds
Currently seeking National or Senior BDM / Sales position or Account Management role
NAME: Alan Frith
DATE OF BIRTH: 7.10.66
MARITAL STATUS: Married with 2 children
ADDRESS: 5 Newcroft Drive, Urmston, Manchester, UK, M41 9NX
TELEPHONE: 0161 610 6010 Mobile: 07818 470 955
DRIVING LICENCE: Full driving licence
Looking to maximize my 20+ years in sales and marketing and 10+ years in Business Development and sales team management in successfully leading and developing a proactive business development unit within the services related industry.
September 2012 – December – National Sales Manager – ANPR Technologies Limited
• Creating sales information, product awareness, services provided on company website
• Managing Business Development Team in all aspects of sales performance
• Introducing reporting formats, performance based KPI’s and sales techniques
• Driving forward the total car parking management business arm from inception
• Increasing sales performance levels, bottom-line profit, up-selling and Account Management
• Leading the process for company to gain Approved Operator Status and Accreditation & BPA Membership
• Generation of new business and retention and growth of existing clients
• Introducing marketing techniques, prospecting and effective time management skills
• Overall responsibility for building a profitable business unit for a new division of the parent company
• Generation of leads, site surveys, production of in-depth proposals and cost models to generate new business
Left due to not receiving Contract of Employment, wage slips or upward review of originally agreed salary and company not pursuing agreed industry types
April 2011 – October 2011 – Business Development Director - Everything Parking Limited (short term contract) then on a consultancy basis until August 2012.
• Promoting & marketing of services via cold-calling, prospecting, referrals, internet and repeat business
• Surveying prospective operations and meeting with clients / owners
• Preparing in-depth proposals, cost-models and bespoke-tailored reports
• Working with contractors and suppliers of capital equipment, software, hardware and related products
• Project managing site openings from inception to completion
• Creating content for Company website
• Creation of Lease documents and Joint-Venture / Profit-share Agreements
June 2010 – April 2011 – National Business Development Manager - Legion Group (part of the OCS Group of Companies)
Head-hunted in June of 2010 to join Legion Parking Services as Head of off-street business development. Company went into administration and was taken over by OCS in August 2010. Made redundant April 2011 along with over 100+ others.
• Generation of new business via all contact methods including cold-calling, prospecting via the internet and industry related publications, contacting clients from previous role.
• Preparing in-depth proposals and tender submissions
• Adding additional services and value to existing client base
• Creating monthly activity reports
• Preparing and delivering presentations to perspective clients
• Project managing new operations
• Ongoing monitoring of operational performance of clients sites
• Introduced new procedures regarding proposal submissions and group pricing in relation to cost models.
• Brought on major retailing client
• Introduced first Lease Agreement on a successful new operation (first in area)
• Added additional services to major operation in Southampton generating income previously being operated by a competitor
• Introduced new sites in the North West via previous contact
• Amended certain industry-related ticketing, administration and signage to ensure it was compliant with the Governing Bodies.
Aug 1999 – June 2010 –Regional Business Manager - Euro Car Parks Ltd
• Generation of new business via numerous methods including marketing, cold-calling, prospecting, referrals & recommendations, repeat business.
• Preparing and submitting in-depth proposals and tender submissions
• Key Account Management of major clients
• Project management of new operations from inception to completion
• Responsible for entire P&L of half the country from the Midlands up to and including Scotland and also Northern Ireland, generating circa £15 million per annum
• Advertising, recruiting, training and ongoing management of Business Development Team
• Creating Lease Agreements and Joint-Venture Agreements
• Adding value to existing operations via operational changes, cost evaluations
• Preparing Power-Point presentations for clients and for use in team training sessions
• Performing regular performance reviews with staff
• Working hand-in-hand with Operational Managers, Supervisors and on-site staff
• Attend industry related exhibitions, networking shows and meetings
• Promoted to Northern Acquisitions Manager in 2000
• Promoted to Regional Business Manager in 2005
• Increased the number of operations from circa 400 to 1,000
• Increased regional turnover from £11 million to £15 million
• Responsible for bringing on best performing Key Account from nothing to over £1 million turnover and highest ‘profit per site’ performing client
• Renewing major clients and accounts on numerous occasions thereby forging very strong long-lasting relationships
• First to introduce new technology, products and management tools into company
• Best performing Region year-on-year since 2005
• Having to build business development team 3 times due to change of staff
Joined ECP as an Acquisitions Surveyor for the North West region of England and Wales after being head-hunted by Acquisitions Director.
Responsible for the generation of new business and retention of existing business through Lease Agreements, Joint-Ventures, Purchasing and Management of land, buildings, and a broad spectrum of car-park related operations for the Retail sector, Local Authorities, Airports, Blue-Chip clients, Hotels, Developers, Shopping Centres, Hospitals etc.
This can range from meetings with on-site clients to Board and Directorship level.
Computer literate and well versed in creating Excel documents, Word and general Widows/Office documentation.
I have created and presented Powerpoint presentations during difficult Tender situations and regularly tender for business against industry competition.
Promoted after 18 months to New Business Manager for the North of England, Scotland, North Wales and Northern Ireland and responsible for training and managing a team of Surveyors across these areas.
Steady progress was made throughout my time with ECP and I consistently attained and exceeded profit over costs on an individual and team basis.
My strengths lie with precise administration and procedures, excellent B to B and B to C skills, an appetite to perform well, attention to detail and a desire to succeed. I have gained excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate well at all levels, be it one to one or to a group setting.
Responsible for the growth and retention of business in a set remit, whilst creating new ideas and procedures within the parking industry.
Also involved in Key Account Management for a number of large corporate clients.
My sales based training and experience gained over the years has enabled me to progress throughout my career, with many important lessons learned.
Promoted in February 2005 to the role of Regional Business Manager for the entire North of England including the Midlands and Scotland.
Responsible for every aspect of the New Business Surveyors, Operational Area Mangers, Operational Area Supervisors and approximately 400 on-site operational staff over a Region that stretched from the borders of Scotland down to Birmingham.
Other duties involved Health & Safety issues, Human Resources, Disciplinary Hearings, overseeing new proposals and site openings and continued generation and retention of business related deals.
In short, I was responsible for the entire profit and loss account of a large, busy region that was generating in excess of £15 million gross per annum turnover.
Was engaged in ensuring new business development, business retention, growing business development team, recruiting / training and managing this team, key account management, tender process bidding and general day to day management of a large territory throughout Great Britain.
Left ECP in June 2010 for more senior position after being head-hunted by Legion Group.
1996 – 1999 – Sales Executive - Quicks of Old Trafford
• Selling range of new and used vehicles to members of the public and businesses
• Selling financial packages, extended warranties and vehicle extras
• Meeting perspective customers in both the showroom and out in the field
• Cold-calling, prospecting and follow-up calls
• Preparing administrative documentation for vehicle handover
• Ensuring vehicle and supporting documentation were ready for collection by customer
• Marketing and promotion of company via leaflets, promotional days and special events
• Attained Ford Direct status for quality
• Gained new large corporate clients for the Group
• Exceeded sales targets year on year
• Set record for the most vehicle sales in one single month by an individual
• Attained PEAK national award for product knowledge
Held back on promotion due largely to excellent sales returns.
Left in 1999 to join Euro Car Parks.
1993 – 1996 – Sales Executive - Tate Ford
Selling a range of new and used Ford vehicles to the general public and businesses.
Promoting the sale of finance packages, extended warranties and vehicle extras.
Similar remit to Quicks Old Trafford position above.
Awarded Cetificate for the Ford 500 Club for top 500 sales people in the country.
Attended various courses regarding sales techniques, methods and Ford products.
Left in 1996 to join larger competitor after being head-hunted.
Prior to the occupations listed below having left Grammar School in 1983, I worked as a trainee printer, a sales assistant at a builders merchants, a Police Officer in the Greater Manchester Police Force and worked as an independent Financial Adviser.
Skills, Abilities and Experience
Business Development, renewal, retention and growth on a National basis
Key Account Management
Field and Office based team recruitment, training and management
Prospecting via telephone, email, canvassing, on-site visits
Business negotiation via management agreements, Leases, Joint-ventures and purchases
Tendering and Bid Management
In-depth proposal writing and provision of solution-based proposals
Facilities Management and dealing with external contractors
Operational experience and project management
Dealing with equipment suppliers, negotiation of prices
Introduction and monitoring of KPI’s
Knowledge and responsibility for P&L of business sectors
Presentation skills (including Power-Point)
PC Literate in Excel, Word etc
Target driven, goal-orientated and ability to hit and exceed targets
Qualifications and Attainments
Grammar School educated to O-Level standard
Level 2 in Business Finance
Life Saving Certificate
First Aid Certificate
Certificate in Communication and Interviewing Techniques Training
Ford 500 Club Winner (top sales person)
Tai Jitsu Self-Defence Certificate
Public Order Training Qualification
Various courses in Sales & Marketing
Project Management & Consultation Processes
Fellow of the Institute of Parking Professionals
Member of the British Parking Association
Interests and Hobbies
Until recently I ran a Youth Football Team for Urmston Meadowside and have attained the FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
When not working and when time allows I enjoy fishing, golf and watching football, socialising and visiting the cinema and restaurants with my family.
More recently in the last 4 years I began attending Thai Boxing again after a 20 year absence in order to sustain a certain level of fitness.