- 1.300.000 parking spaces
- at 5.700 sites
- in 18 countries
Heathrow "City" Increasing airport efficiencyAirport challenge
Parking facilities were operated by 8 companies, involving 14 contracts.
APCOA was chosen as sole operator as of January 2010 and implemented a comprehensive efficiency program. 350 members of staff are now operating 20,571 public car park spaces, 40 buses and valet parking with 200,000 vehicle movements per year.
Specific APCOA services
- 8.8m Pound Capital investment program
- Parking equipment replacement and upgrade
- CTA control room
- One airport wide IT network
- New bus fleet
Oslo airport Customer group specific marketing campaigns increase parkingAirport challenge
Diverse customer groups with a variety of different needs have to be addressed with an individual marketing approach.APCOA solution
APCOA has significant experience in recognising the individual customer groups and actively addresses their specific requirements.Marketing activities
- Customers perceive driving to the airport as the most convenient option (Gallup survey).
- 35% park car at the airport, whereas only 21% use airport express train (Gallup survey).
- Parker/Passenger quota shows impact of marketing activities
Stockholm airport Taxi management Better service and more revenueAirport challenge
Airports are faced with the task to control and to secure the taxi area at the airport whilst providing sufficient taxis to the right terminal at the right time.APCOA solution
APCOA offers a complete service range for taxi management at the airport, including fee collection, control of the taxi flow to the terminals as well as management of the pick-up zone and enforcement of the airports regulations for taxis.
At Stockholm APCOA introduced taxi management, creating a new stream of revenue.Specific APCOA services
- Design/set-up of taxi management system/area.
- Management of taxi supply: terminal demand management and positioning of taxis.
- Provision of dedicated APCOA software as well as hardware.
- Reservation handling.
- Information centre.
- Waiting room for cab drivers and food service.
Stuttgart airport Premium product valet parkingAirport challenge
Premium customers require premium service to improve their airport experience.APCOA solution
APCOAs valet parking provides convenience for the passenger and revenue for the airport. Customers drop off their car in front of the terminal. Staff parks the car and provides quick pickup upon return of the passenger.
Specific APCOA services
- Drop-off and return of the car in front of the terminal.
- Security and insurance measures (pictures to document state of the car at time of delivery; special parking zone).
- Tracking of all movements of the car through an attached barcode.
- Payment at VIP desk (i.e. no queues and immediate receipt of the car).
- Additional services (car wash, refuelling, maintenance, etc.).
Stuttgart airport yield management Revenue management increases yield per customerAirport challenge
To maximise revenue and profit of the parking operation, it is important to provide the right service, at the right time for the right price.APCOA solution
APCOAs understanding of the different customer groups (eg. business, meeters & greeters), their needs (e.g. convenience, reliability) and their price sensitivity, allows APCOA to offer effective yield management services.
Specific APCOA services
- Monitoring of utilisation.
- Adaption of parking surfaces to meet demand (additional parking spaces close to the terminal for business travellers).
- Harmonisation of tariffs (same offer same price easy communication).
- Adjustment of individual tariffs based on price sensitivity.
- Communication of the ideal tariff to the individual customer segments.
Testimonials - Airport parking with APCOA What our clients say
Dr. Norbert Minhorst - Director Non Aviation of Berlin Airports, Germany
In times of rough competition and increasing challenges we could not afford a less professional service provider.
Francesco Pirovano SEA Parking Manager, Airport Milano Malpensa, Italy
SEA Aeroporti of Milan has chosen APCOA Parking Italia as partner for the management of its parking areas. APCOA Parking Italia has been managing more than 6000 parking spaces since 1998. APCOA is operating on a high level of technical and managerial competence, and also thanks to APCOA car parking has become a growing source of revenue for our airport.
Fraser Brown - Head of Travel Services at BAA, London Heathrow, UK
BAA have a competent business partner in APCOA. They are able to deliver an outstanding level of service quality. BAA appreciate the friendly, serious and competent personnel.
Espen Ettre - Director of Business Development and Real Estate, Oslo Airport, NorwayEuroPark has been operating the parking facilities at Oslo airport since the opening of the new airport in 1998. They have been a reliable, competent and innovative partner for Oslo Lufthavn AS during this period. Oslo airport profits from EuroParks long time international experience in complex car park operations.