Car & Away is like Airbnb for cars - making parking and renting at Gatwick Airport quicker, cheaper and more convenient. Owners park their cars with our Meet & Greet concierge and we rent their cars out to carefully vetted drivers, earning our owners money whilst they're abroad. Renters get the exact car they book, no hidden extras and drive away in 10 minutes hassle free.
Private car ownership is broken; the 1 billion cars on the planet is forecast to rise to 1.5 billion by 2030. There are 32 million cars in the UK alone which on average are used for 4% of the time, and remain idle for the remaining 96%. The average annual cost of owning a car in the UK is £5,000.
The world needs a smarter way to own and use cars.
Car & Away will revolutionise car ownership and redefine car rental by building the biggest global peer-to-peer (P2P) car sharing community. We will create great experiences through sharing and we will be the smartest peer-to-peer car sharing community.
Car & Away has identified a unique and rapidly scalable platform for unlocking P2P car sharing, namely airports. Having launched at Gatwick in January 2018, and proven consumer demand, we are now talking to multiple airport partners about how we will collaboratively work with them to solve their parking capacity challenges. We will do this by enabling Owners to rent their cars out whilst they are away and in turn providing a new rental choice with Renters getting the car of their choice – not similar – with no buses, no counters, no queues, no up-sells and no hidden charges.
This all supports our ambition to build a global brand that will become the Airbnb of cars.
Book through gatwickparking.com South Terminal
With our concierge, 2 minutes walk from the South Terminal entrance
Whilst you’re away we clean it, rent it and clean again ready for you
2 minutes from the South Terminal Entrance. Your rental income will be paid into your account
Go from the bag carousel to your car in five minutes
Get the exact car - not a 'similar' one
No buses, no counters, no queues, no, hidden extras
FREE additional drivers
FREE satellite navigation
We've covered all the bases to give you full peace of mind.
Car & Away have a full-service team based at Gatwick Airport. So whether you are an owner or a renter, and whatever questions you have for us before, during or after your rental/parking, we are here to help on the phone or in person.
The Car & Away mission is to create a people car sharing community based on mutual trust, cooperation between our members, and a great service. By carefully vetting all of our Renters and undertaking checks on Owner's vehicles, we can offer people car sharing that works for everybody, with full confidence.
With our comprehensive insurance policies and trustworthy community structure, we provide cover for all of our members. Our in-car telematics provides further assurance for our Owners and support and value for our Renters.