Arizona State University
ASU Parking and Transit Services seeks an experienced parking professional as Assistant Director to lead the parking systems, project management and technology services division. As part of the senior management team, the successful candidate will be critical in helping to strategize and service the university community to ensure consistent high level service delivery. This position will also assist with the management of commercial parking operations.
- Salary Range - $80,000 - $85,000 per year; DOE
- Close Date - 12-August-2020
- Assists with and plans, directs, and reviews the activities and operations of Parking and Transit Services.
- Manages and oversees the operation of the comprehensive suite of parking solutions in the T2 parking management platform. Interfaces as point of contact for PTS with T2 for all products, services, and projects.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes business and operations including workflow, decision process, and business objectives.
- Works collaboratively to provide strategic direction for department operations and efficiencies in service delivery.
- Develops objectives and activities based on the department goals
- Develops benchmark statistics for all department programs; data mining for year on year analysis of program effectiveness; recommends changes or process improvement in program delivery accordingly.
- Participates in university procurement processes; obtains bids, develops request
- for proposals; evaluates and provides input for contract negotiations.
- Manages, supervises and coaches staff to ensure ongoing effective, high quality delivery of services and programs; determines and takes appropriate performance management steps including separation of employment.
- Coordinates with student, faculty, and staff to ensure that effective services are provided to the university community
- Manages enforcement of parking and transportation policies and regulations to assure fair and impartial administration of the system
- Use T2 Flex system management which includes: new garage setup, permit setup oversight and interface coordination.
- Manages Flexport which includes the setup of the online portal for sales.
- Collaborates with the Capital Programs Management Group (CPMG) on project management for technology and the specifications necessary for required equipment.
- Serves as point of contact for the Third-Party parking license agreements, for billing student accounts and employee payroll deduction processes.
- Serves as point of contact with the University Technology Office (UTO) regarding Parking and Transit Services (PTS) interfaces.
- Prepares PTS department presentations, data visuals and provides and prepares recommendations, considerations and proposal drafts for leadership.
- Serves as security segment manager for camera and door access.
- Provides oversight for the following delegated responsibilities: flex queries and reports; PARCS setup, configuration and coordination with field technician; management of event module; ISAAC area manager; PTS assistance with desktop support coordination between the department and BFIT including new computers, distribution lists, shared devises and accounting support for third party billing.
- Provides guidance for these delegated duties: Flex permit configuration and enforcement support, Parkmobile, digital pay stations, license plate recognition (LPR), mobile enforcement application, resident lists, and T2 support.
- Represents Parking and Transit Services and serves on various department and university committees
- Serves as a representative of the University at state, regional and national organizations, boards, councils and committees as assigned
- Assists in the design, development, and coordination of projects.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and six (6) years of experience in parking and transit operations which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, ten (10) years of related parking and transit operations experience including three (3) years of supervisory experience, OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of T2’s software products, services, and processes
- Experience with parking management and access control systems and solutions
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience managing projects with specific timelines and deliverables
- Strategic management experience
- Experience with data collection, organizing and synthesizing and solution recommendations
- Experience with system implementation
- Experience in customer service delivery and problem resolution
- Evidence of CAPP Certification preferred
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Use ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions
Parking and Transit Services (PTS) plays an integral role in support of the development of Arizona State University by managing the parking and commuter options on the four campuses. PTS manages more than 25,000 parking spaces to include 12 gated parking facilities with a unified technology solution. PTS operates numerous shuttle, bus, car-sharing, and carpool programs to provide sustainable transportation options to the campus community. These services assist ASU students, faculty, and staff in traveling to, around and between campuses. PTS employees work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding University department and enjoy the benefits, professional growth, and job satisfaction associated with working for this nationally recognized leader among public institutions and the model for the New American University.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Apply for this job