City of Baltimore
- Job Title: Manager, Parking Meters
- Position Reports to: Division Manager, On-Street Parking
- Department: Operations
- Salary: $63,967.00
- Division: On-Street Parking
- FLSA: Status Exempt
- Section: Meter Management
- Pay Grade: A08
- Work Location: 200 West Lombard Street
- Employment Type: Full-Time
The Manager, Parking Meters is responsible for every meter in the city of Baltimore, along with the full responsibility of managing the meter program and departmental employees.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain the capital revenue for meters and distribute to the Finance Department for the development of the Meters Section budget;
- Maintain and oversee all aspects of the operational, meter program budget;
- Collect data from software and meter management programs to draft reports and compile information used to inform management and the Board of Directors regarding the meter program;
- Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings to report on Meter Section activities and financials;
- Attend and represent the Parking Authority of Baltimore City in various meetings, such as community association meetings to discuss new meters, review issues, etc.;
- Research, review, and report on meter programs of other cities, such as new meter technology;
- Conduct day to day operational management of the section;
- Participate in personnel functions such as the employee selection process, conducting performance evaluations, coaching and disciplinary actions as needed;
- Complete required paperwork for the functioning of the section;
- Complete other duties as assigned or required by upper management.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Works under limited supervision but is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall accuracy. Makes recommendations and decisions regarding program schedules and allocation of resources. This position has direct responsibility for supervising and managing the section's strategic work objectives. This position provides guidance and training to new employees and may assign work to other staff members within the section.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of 2 years related experience; or
- Master's degree with no related experience; or
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience if no degree held.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Requirements
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office, various databases, systems and programs;
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, staff, the Board, and the general public;
- Ability to provide solutions to a wide range of problems, where objectives are specifically stated, but how to accomplish the task is left up to the individual;
- Knowledge of financial impacts to the department and operations and ability to recommend budget allocations or expenditures;
- Knowledge of typical money collecting processes and policies of the organization that may be involved in job responsibilities;
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry;
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public;
- Ability to communicate with various audiences, with elevated conflict negotiation when necessary.
This position requires both, indoor and outdoor duties. The indoor office environment is conducive with regulated office temperatures and lighting. The position frequently requires the employee to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, use hands and reach with hands and arms. Occasional to routine lifting of light to moderate work materials, as well as moving weighted carts or crates from 40 to 75 pounds may be required.
The job may include occasional exposure to chemicals, paints, heating/cooling chemicals, and/or extensive use of computer terminals. Also includes the use of tools, electrical and motorized equipment, to include vehicular driving. Specific vision abilities required are close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The out-of-office environment is conducive to outdoor weather conditions. When conducting out-of-office activities, including site-visits and inspections, appropriate attire should match the environment.
- Computer Skills Assessment
- PABC Job Application
- Criminal Background Check
- Proof of Education, Training Qualifications, and Certifications
- In order to be considered for this position, an individual must possess (and maintain) a valid Class C, Non-commercial Driver's License in good standing of 3 points or less. Qualified candidates will be required to provide a certified copy of their most recent Motor Vehicle Record, minimum 3 years, before or at the time of an interview.
- Must be able to obtain a City of Baltimore Driving Permit from the Division of Occupational Safety, Bureau of Risk Management Office and must maintain the permit during employment with the Parking Authority of Baltimore City
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
This is an at-will position; the position may be eliminated at any time, and your employment within the position may be terminated at any time. This and all organization positions are subject to transfer, based on company need.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Parking Authority of Baltimore City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter by Closing Date to
PABC c/o Employment Opportunities, 200 W. Lombard Street, Suite B,
Baltimore, MD 21202 or via email to
The Parking Authority, a quasi-city agency of the City of Baltimore, is an equal employment opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination and unfair employment recruitment, hiring, selection, transfers and promotion. The Parking Authority is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace. We encourage a diverse work environment.
Apply for this job