City of Mississauga
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and presenting: feasibility studies, business cases, concept papers, and position papers relating to key business initiatives in the planning and operation of Municipal Parking.
- Lead or assist in the management of long-term strategy projects, including developing RFP’s, project charters and project plans, and lead public engagement.
- Develop and monitor Business Plans for key revenue and planning areas; monitor and report on operating and capital budgets, and provide direction, guidance and support on multiple lines of business within the operation and planning of Municipal Parking.
- Conduct market research, and develop benchmarks and performance measures.
- Provide consultation and advice to the Director and Manager as requested.
- Monitor and maintain industry and regulatory compliance of parking programs.
- Develop innovative proposals for continuous improvement initiatives or new business ideas.
- Conduct operational assessments/reviews of lines of business including financial analysis.
- Conduct LEAN reviews of Municipal Parking operational, business, and planning processes.
- Evaluate and prepare recommendations around potential parking partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in the areas of Business, Commerce, Public Administration/Political Science, equivalent, along with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the development and analysis of business plans/cases, and strategic plans.
- Post-graduate Masters of Business Administration or Master’s in Public Administration/Policy and previous experience working in strategy/operational environment is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of LEAN concepts, principles, processes and tools, and extensive experience in conducting LEAN reviews and implementing LEAN recommendations.
- Thinks strategically about business issues with a strong bias for action and business solutions with related experience in business planning.
- Strong experience in conducting primary and secondary research, data collection and financial analysis is a must.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, negotiation, and leadership skills are required, as are excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities. Ability to function in a team environment is a must.
- Demonstrated presentation skills with outstanding verbal and written communication abilities.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize complex and voluminous information into written reports.
- Excellent computer skills with above average abilities in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated and proven abilities to lead projects with above average project management skills.
- Experience managing strategic or operational projects with demonstrated ability to deliver on-time quality results.
- Proven ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders and ability to multi-task are a must.
- Valid driver’s licence and use of a personal vehicle is preferred.
- Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 69,629.00 - $ 92,842.00
- Hours of Work: 35
- Work Location: Mavis Yard: Common Building
- Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Traffic Mgt & Municipal Parking Div , Municipal Parking
- Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Apply for this job