Parking Attendant-Newark Area
15 per hour
Location Specific Information:
PARKING ATTENDANT - NEWARK AREA
SCHEDULE - FULL TIME
Icon Parking manages and operates more than 200 parking facilities, predominantly in New York City, the largest parking market globally! Many say “we park cars”, but at Icon, we know it’s much more than that. We play the important role of connecting the wonderful people of NYC to where they live, work and play! We Park New York!
BE AN ICON!
Valet Attendants are the brand ambassadors for Icon Parking! Our team members are the reason for our continued success and future growth. In this role you are the first and last impression who will deliver the first-class customer experience to our customers. We value team spirit, high energy, professionalism, and a friendly demeanor. If this sounds like you, Apply Now! We have several vacancies and are hiring immediately!
Why You Should Join the Icon Family:
- Union Benefits - this includes medical coverage, generous paid time-off, annual increases, and a PENSION
- There is opportunity for Tips!
- We promote from within! All of our Garage Leads started with us as valet attendants and built their career with us!
- We have been in business for over 60 years. We have seen NYC through it all over the years!
- Greet all customers name who enter and exit parking facilities using the company name
- Retrieve and park vehicles in a safe, courteous and timely fashion. Remember customers are entrusting us with their vehicles which are often their biggest investment
- Inspect vehicle on arrival for any existing damages
- Promote a high level of customer service by showing a willingness to help and friendly face in a fast paced environment
- Sweeping, wiping equipment, counters etc., picking up trash and emptying trash, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Valet industry experience preferred, but not required – we offer training!
- Strong customer service skills
- Team building and interpersonal skills
Apply for this job
- 18 years of age
- Active Driver’s License
- Must know how to operate a stick shift vehicle
- Able to comprehend and communicate in English
- Ability to lift and move parking equipment as necessary
- Able to stand for long periods of time