City of Atlanta
General Description and Classification Standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Conducts administrative reviews for citizens on contested parking citations and on towed or booted vehicles; makes findings of fact and renders written decisions.
- Reviews citations and complaints by evaluating physical evidence and other relevant information; performs related duties required to effectively conduct administrative reviews.
- Analyze parking histories and violations to determine fi fines or fees are waived or upheld.
- Completes the investigative procedure in a consistent and timely manner following established department procedures.
- Interfaces with employees of City departments or other agencies to obtain necessary information related to policy, procedures, or answers to specific questions or situations needed to complete an administrative review.
- Assist the public by responding to inquires related to administrative reviews.
- Reviews codes, policies, procedures and practices involving the issuance processing of parking citations, towed and booted vehicles in the public right-of-way, and complaints against the City’s parking service provider.
- Accesses all relevant data and interprets and interprets information from applicable statues, ordinances, databases, and case files.
- Writes hearing decisions in conformance with guidelines, assists in processing mail requests and enters statistical data into a central database
- Answers pre- and post-administrative review correspondence
- Explains city ordinances, rules and regulations, and any procedures that may apply without providing legal advice
- Educates and assists the public through knowledge of applicable policy, procedures and city ordinances
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
Knowledge of: Codes, policies, ordinances, regulations and procedures relevant to the administrative review of parking citations, towed and booted vehicles in the public right-of-way. Understanding of Georgia Traffic Laws and City of Atlanta traffic and parking code; familiarity with court proceedings Experience with quality assurance protocol and database management.
Skill to: Resolve disputes in a courteous manner; makes sound decisions and judgements, maintains a profession demeanor in stressful situations; investigates in order to reach a decision on contested violations/claims.Ability to: Plan, organize and conduct administrative reviews; interpret and apply laws, codes and procedures relevant to administrative reviews; prepare clear, concise written administrative review decisions and other correspondence on reports; clearly express ideas, findings and other information verbally to a broad range of audiences; establish and maintain effective communication with staff and diverse social, cultural, religious, and ethnic backgrounds; deal tactfully and courteously with staff and the general public; work under strict timelines; use computer database, spreadsheet, word-processing and other job-related computer programs.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in law enforcement, criminal justice, business or public administration or related area OR two (2) years of experience in dispute resolution, reviewing processes for accuracy and completeness and identifying errors or invalid documentation. (Equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis.)
- Two (2) years of verifiable full-time experience in customer service
- Two (2) years of experience with database management, quality assurance, or inspections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university or four years’ experience in administrative review process or any equivalent combination of education training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
Licensures and Certifications
Apply for this job