City of Santa Monica
Assists in the administration of the Parking Operations Program, including parking lots, structures and meters. Oversees and monitors valet and special event parking, and conducts parking audits and surveys. Coordinates parking related activities with other agencies.
Please note: The first review of applications will take place the week of June 7, 2021.
Filing Deadline: Open until filled
- Issues and monitors the use of parking related permits including valet permits, monthly parking permits, employee parking permits, day use permits, special event permits and other related permits that may be issued by the City, as assigned.
- Assists in the management of the on-street parking meters program.
- Coordinates and monitors valet and special event parking.
- Conducts parking surveys and field inspections of parking facilities.
- Performs parking audits and monitors contract compliance for all of the City’s off-street parking locations and facilities.
- Assists in the development and interpretation of parking related ordinances and policies. Applies rules, regulations and policies related to parking issues.
- Provides counter, telephone and field assistance to the public, business owners, and others regarding parking permit procedures, policies and programs.
- Verifies and reviews information on parking forms for completeness, calculates and collects appropriate fees, and issues permits.
- Coordinates various parking related activities with other City departments, contractors, and outside agencies.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Principles and practices of parking operations.
- Valet parking operations.
- Surface lot and parking structure operations.
- Parking meter operations.
- Special event and film production parking arrangements.
- Automated parking equipment, including revenue control and access software and pay-on-foot technology.
- Parking audit techniques.
- Conduct parking audits and field surveys.
- Operate and monitor various forms of revenue control equipment.
- Analyze parking activity and revenue reports.
- Manage traffic circulation during peak periods and special events.
- Enforce beach parking permit regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with a wide variety of individuals.
- Provide effective customer service.
- Using a personal computer and applicable software applications.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Graduation from high school or the equivalent. Graduation from an accredited college with an Associate’s degree in Public or Business Administration or a closely related field is desirable. Three years of recent, paid work experience in parking management. Municipal experience is desirable.
Licenses and Certificates:
Apply for this job
- Possession of a valid Class C driver license.