The picture shows one of the sites in the Business Park of the English capital's airport where equipment was recently installed with capacity for charging 36 electric vehicles at the same time. The prestigious airport chose the stations developed and manufactured by CIRCONTROL.
These roadside stations are made with IK10 polyurethane boxes, which are weatherproof, protected against vandalism and have an anti-graffiti finish. The stations, with two sockets each, offer Mode 3 electric vehicle charging according to the certified IEC 61851 international standard and badge-controlled user access. Furthermore, the stations communicate using the powerful SCADA computer platform for total centralised management. Other stations of the same model will be installed shortly at other points of the airport's large car park.
Charging points in Heathrow
CIRCONTROL has been developing and manufacturing a complete range of electric vehicle charging stations for the last 5 years:
- All applications. Roadside stations and wall boxes for charging electric vehicles (four- and two-wheeled vehicles).
- Advanced performance. RFID badge reader, power meter, RS-485, Ethernet and GPRS/3G communication, centralised management software, multipoint for car parks, etc.
- All charging modes. Mode 1, 2, 3 and 4 in AC or DC. IEC 61851 certified. NISSAN and CHAdeMO ultra-fast charging certification (since October 2011).
- All sockets. Type 1, 2, 3 and 4 according to the IEC 62196 standard.
- Customisable stations. Logo and colour.
- Integration. Available with OCPP, XML, etc.
We currently have nearly 5000 charging points set up in several countries. Numerous projects are currently under way in Europe through our partners in Spain, Belgium, Finland, Holland, Andorra, Norway, United Kingdom, Russia, Ireland, Germany, France, etc. At the same time, we are working on improvements with leading electric vehicle manufacturers (especially Nissan and Renault).