The Parker Customer Experience Team is comprised of bright, self-motivated individuals. Customer Service Reps (CSRs) and the Technical Services Department make up this 'Team Behind the Screens'. Both divisions work in conjunction to provide an exemplary solution that enhances the customer experience.
CSRs in the Parker 24/7 Call Center answer over 50,000 calls per month on average, in under 11 seconds, with resolution times averaging less than a minute. Parker’s CSRs are patient, well-trained and 100% devoted to the parking industry. They respond efficiently to questions and issues from parking facility guests via patented two-way video technology. These specialists have familiarity with each parking facility and their policies by utilizing Parker’s proprietary cloud-based software, which clearly outlines each facility’s branding and business rules. All of the CSRs receive extensive training and ongoing quality assurance mparkeasurement to ensure they’re providing the highest level of customer service possible.
The Technical Services Department at Parker is also devoted to delivering a high level of service. They drive service by improving customer satisfaction, maximizing client retention and increasing profitability. Each member of the team comes with a vast amount of technical knowledge and skills. Technical Services embodies what innovation, efficiency and problem solving should look like. They are the backbone of the company – maintaining software platform infrastructure, completing successful hardware installations, providing technical support for Parker’s products, and so much more.
At the Core
Part of the Parker Way, or culture at Parker Technology, is a dedication to its six core values. These include: Honesty & Integrity, Excellence in Communication, Servant’s Heart, Goes Above & Beyond, Noble Intent and Critical Thinking. Each member of the Parker Team exemplifies these qualities, in addition to the following:
- Teamwork & Unity
- Open Communication
- Acceptance & Appreciation for hard work
- Dedication & Respect for the job
New CSRs have a structured training process to ensure they get up to speed quickly and can be immediately effective when speaking with customers. CSRs understand that each facility is different, and they are trained on where to find information in the platform to get the information they need to serve customers. Parker uses a variety of support and encouragement programs to keep CSRs engaged, to reduce CSR turnover and to foster an environment of encouragement and fun, such as:
- 'It’s My Call' board – when a CSR encounters a particularly difficult or challenging call, they can post that call to the board. A supervisor reviews that call and then enters that CSR into a monthly drawing for a prize.
- Quarterly appreciation – Parker meets as a company on a quarterly basis to review company progress and to celebrate successes.
- Bring in / cook meals at least once every two weeks – it is part of the Parker culture to 'feed' and serve each other. The leaders feel strongly that serving the CSRs – those that serve Parker’s customers – will result in measurably better customer service.
- The QA & Training Supervisor has developed games to accelerate learning in new facilities, such as playing a game of BINGO where CSRs fill in squares as they run into specific situations in garages, like handling a unique parking permit or delivering directions to pay cash.
- To keep the CSR environment light and inviting, Parker often engages in 'fun days' that allow the CSRs to show their creativity and individuality. Two examples are 'Crazy Pajama Bottom Day' or 'Crazy Slipper Day'. Parking customers can’t see them, but employees love it because they are more comfortable and have more fun on the job.
In conjunction with all of these fun and unique incentives, the QA process is initiated at a high level. When a trend is identified, call center supervisors and managers focus attention and work through each issue to make sure all aspects are addressed. This includes initial training, Parker notes, employee tendencies, supervisor feedback and management communications. All of these areas have to work together to keep all systems updated and people on track.
Indiana Breakout Tech Culture Awards
Parker Technology recently won the 'Top-Rated Customer Experience Team' Award at the inaugural 2019 Indiana Breakout Tech Culture Awards. Parker was selected as one of fifty top-rated tech culture finalists, out of 268 nominated companies who participated in the Powderkeg Tech Census this year. Eleven of these fifty tech companies received honors in specific areas, Parker being ranked first for their outstanding Customer Experience Team.
The 2019 Tech Census surveyed tech employees, who rated their companies and employers on culture-related topics, including leadership, management, workplace, diversity and inclusion, compensation and community involvement. Nearly 270 tech companies were nominated, and more than 1,300 people responded to the census.
Parker Technology provides parking facilities with a premium customer service experience. With their robust solution, they enhance the customer experience, improve operational efficiencies, increase successful payments and ensure calls are answered. When a parking guest pushes the “help” button on a PARCS kiosk, one of Parker’s patient, well-informed specialists answers and resolves the issue. This is where Parker shines – as the only company in the parking industry that can deliver face-to-face communication via patented two-way video intercoms. Putting this personal, human touch back into an automated situation is their unique approach. Learn more at www.helpmeparker.com.