MSR-Traffic was charged with the delivery and installation of a new parking guidance system as part of a public tender. The client is the market town of Lappersdorf (near Regensburg) -well-known for its fire service college even outside the region.
Usually, MSR-Traffic equips parking garages or open spaces with parking space sensors in order to determine the number of free parking spaces in real time and to display these on LED signs. In the case of Lappersdorf, however, it can be seen that the competencies go far beyond mere sensor technology:
Acting as a general contractor, MSR-Traffic has implemented the following activities on site:
- Coordination of subcontractor services
- Delivery of traffic signs and masts
- Delivery of new LED displays
- Removal of the old signs
- Installation of the new signposts on site
- Road safety management during the construction work
- Integration of existing parking data into the new software (PGCC) from MSR-Traffic
Urban parking guidance systems are not only interesting for large cities – MSR-Traffic is facing increasing demands especially from smaller municipalities wishing to offer their inhabitants and visitors a certain added value. "Facilitating the search for a parking space automatically increases the quality of life in the region," says Frank Würz, Sales Manager of MSR-Traffic.