The Parking industry has been slow to catch on to rapid innovation. But in recent years, the industry has undergone a radical transformation, impacting both parking sectors: on-street (parking meters) and off-street parking (surface lots and garages). For the 40,000+ US off-street operators it is a wakeup call to keep pace or fall behind. Parking technology is surging ahead and waits for no one.
Whether your large-scale parking operation is an airport, cruise port, municipality, or urban garage, an assessment of your facility’s ability to keep pace with technology and scale into the future is critical. It may be time for an upgrade if your facility is missing any one of these features:
The ability to book an online parking reservation is a convenience to both parkers and operators. A real-time online parking reservation solution:
- Meets the demands of today’s sophisticated traveler
- Secures bookings by giving travelers immediate access to parking while in the travel planning process – on any channel, at any place, at any time
- Converts your parking website to a revenue stream. Passengers can book their parking right from your website
Yield Management Tools
The same yield management strategies used by airlines, hotels, and car rental companies is now available to optimize parking revenue at your operation. Tools such as customer data, reporting, dynamic pricing, and inventory allocation empower the operator to charge the right price to the right customer at the right time.
- Customer Data and Reporting – leverage historical customer data and other analytics to make better price and inventory decisions
- Dynamic Pricing – make pricing adjustments based on available inventory, supply and demand, and seasonality. Helps to determine the right price to charge at the right time.
- Inventory Allocation – assign spaces to specific price tiers, based upon demand forecast and dynamic pricing structure. As the low spaces sell out, then the pricing moves to the next tier, then the next tier, until the highest price is reached.
Customer Loyalty Program
Think customer loyalty isn’t important to a large-scale parking operation? Think again.
Today’s customer expectations are higher than ever, putting more pressure on brands to deliver excellence. With real-time technology readily available, parkers expect to have a personal customer service experience and for their voice to be heard about it through social media.
Having a white-label customer loyalty system allows parking facilities to collect all-important customer data not only for marketing purposes but that also to reward loyal buying behavior, turning your customers into raving fans!
Parking is a fiercely competitive industry. For example, an airport’s largest parking competitor, the off-airport parking industry spends thousands of marketing dollars each year capturing a passenger’s parking reservation during the travel planning stage.
Powerful marketing tools such as SEO, PPC, email marketing, retargeting, Google AdWords and Local Listings will boost your website’s organic ranking, get clicks to your site, target parkers in search of the perfect spot, and keep your brand front and center in a customer’s mind.
Is your operation ready for the future of parking? Equip your parking facility to attract more customers, secure reservations, and ultimately – increase revenue.
About Parking Reservation Software
Parking Reservation Software is a scalable parking software solution for privately owned or government entity parking operations. Built to help operations run smoothly, increase reservations through marketing services, and enhance customer experience, Parking Reservation Software is a plug-and-play, real time, comprehensive solution for any size parking operation. See more here.