About The Role
Working as part of the APCOA Southend team. Ensuring the designated car parks are secured, locked/un locked as per the service level agreement with Southend on sea borough council.
What you’ll do
- Lock/unlock designated car parks within the stimulated time frame.
- Ensure all vehicles that have drivers/owners present are requested to leave the car park by the designated time.
- Record the details of any vehicles locked, and ensure this is reported back to the control daily..
- Adhere to health & safety requirements and best practice at all times.
- Maintain the highest standards to customer service at all times.
- Achieve the very highest standards of personal integrity at all times.
- Maintain good communications throughout with your Operational Support Manager and the control.
- Maintain any equipment assigned to you, and report any defects or damage straight away.
- Any other duty that is deemed necessary to fulfil the role of a Gate Control Operative.
What You'll Bring
- Ability to communicate with customers, potentially in difficult and demanding circumstances.
- Ability to write simple reports and complete pocket book notes.
- USE OF OWN VEHICLE DAILY- Essential
- Full clean driving license- Essential
- Numerate and literate.
- Experience of handling complaints efficiently and effectively.
- Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to manage tasks to deliver an excellent level of service
- Self-motivated, proactive nature
- Ability to prioritise, organise and multi-task
What we’ll offer you
Apply for this job
- 10 Hours per week- Sunday-Thursday• Shift times 1hr AM and 1 hr PM – All year round starting at 6:30 to open gates.
- Closing times: April 20:15 to 21:15, May, June and July 21:00 to 22:00, August 21:30 to 22:30, September 19:00 to 20:00, October- March 18:15 to 19:15
- £8.72 per hour
- Use of own car is essential, we pay £40 per month fuel allowance, and pay the difference to add business insurance to their existing car insurance upon providing a written quote.
- Training and Development