Under general supervision, functions as the Assistant Parking Coordinator for all Travis County employees' parking. Assists the Parking Coordinator in managing the allocation of parking spaces in County parking facilities according to the County's Parking Policy. Assists in maximizing the use of parking zones through the maintenance of an inventory of parking spaces and maintains a waiting list. Prepares reports containing key statistics, such as daily use and average occupancy. Enforces the County Parking Policy by issuing warning notices or arranging towing of vehicles in violation. Responds to questions from County employees related to the Parking Policy.
This classification serves as the assistant parking coordinator for Travis County employees' parking. This classification is responsible for assisting in the assigning of parking, maintaining a database of parking information, responding to related employee questions and assisting in enforcing policy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the coordination of County employees' parking. Assists in assigning employees to individual and zoned parking spaces. Issues parking cards and parking permits as notified and authorized by the appropriate County department.
- Retrieves and receives parking permits that are no longer valid.
- Answers phones and emails relating to parking.
- Regularly maintains an inventory of all County parking spaces and space designations.
- Regularly maintains a database of all Travis County employees' parking, including zones and individual spaces and important information related to parking, to include current license plate numbers, phone numbers of permit holders.
- Maintains transfer and waiting lists. Assists in organizing, monitoring and evaluating the County's zone parking management program and assists in the development and implementation plans for activation of new zones and locations.
- Maintains transparency in the parking process through making available the Parking Policy, parking facility inventory and the parking waitlist on the County intranet.
- Makes available the Parking Policy, parking facility inventory and the parking waitlist on the County intranet.
- Assists with the communication with County department management and staff concerning parking issues or changes in parking management practice and/or policy. Addresses employee inquiries, alerts employees about changes in parking status, changes in parking areas, revised restrictions, and other parking-related information.
- Assists with the monitoring of County parking facilities through conducting audits and/or staff counts and assists with the enforcement of the County Parking Policy.
- Researches issues, provides parking related data, makes recommendations and functions as an assistant to the Parking Coordinator.
- Assists in maintaining parking-related policies, procedures and practices for effective management of parking operations.
- Creates reports and documents related to parking statistics or other information.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and experience equivalent to:
- High school diploma AND one (1) year responsible experience in parking management and coordination of parking facilities. Must have responsible experience in clerical or office procedures, including data entry functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
- This position is required to wear a uniform at all times.
- Experience in parking management and coordination of parking facilities.
- Typing test documentation is required with the on-line application. Must submit proof of your most recent typing test results of at least 35 wpm (must be within 6 months) administered by the Texas Workforce Commission or your state's equivalent with the on-line application.
- Possession of a valid Texas Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Modern office/clerical practices and procedures, and methods.
- Policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
- Parking and transportation issues.
- Parking functions and the willingness to respond to various needs from time to time.
- Computer equipment to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases and a variety of software packages.
- Business letter writing, grammar and punctuation, and report preparations
- Customer service, working with a large volume of internal County customers and the general public.
- Conducting research and presenting information and reports.
- Operating a variety of modern office equipment such as a computer, including developing, maintaining and retrieving information from data bases
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Collect, compile and analyze data and information.
- Write clear and comprehensive reports to assist the Parking Coordinator in making recommendations for improvements.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental clientele, representatives of outside agencies, other County employees and officials, and the general public.
Work Environment & Other Information
Physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. occasionally, visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, client/customer contact, standing, walking, vision to monitor, repetitive motion, stooping/kneeling, squatting, bending reaching, grasping and handling to perform essential functions.
This job description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Work Hours: 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday with occasional changes depending on County needs.
- Department: Facilities Management
- Location: 700 Lavaca, Austin
Driving, Education Criminal and Employment Background Check Required
Final candidates are required to successfully pass a background investigation, including fingerprint clearance.
Apply for this job