City of Lake Geneva
- Department: Parking Enforcement
- Compensation: $52,146.40-$67,790.32 annually
- Hours: Full-Time Salaried Position
- Deadline: Open until filled
Performs detailed administrative work managing and maintaining the municipal city-wide parking program in compliance with municipal, state and federal regulations, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the general direction of the City Administrator. Continuous supervision is exercised over part-time Parking Enforcement Officers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains, prepares and presents parking revenue and expenditure reports, meter and citation collections reports, and prepares recommendations to City Administration, FLR Committee, and City Council.
- Attends meetings as required by various committees
- Develops short and long-term goals for department regarding the improvement of customer service, staff procedures, user-friendliness, functionality, and the overall security of the parking management and metering system
- Verifies collection report on meters, daily bank deposit
- Recruits, hires, trains, and schedules parking enforcement officers
- Reviews parking ticket appeal forms and resolves issues related to issuance of parking tickets
- Checks and monitors city parking stall inventory; analyzes parking stall inventory for monthly report to Public Works Committee for recommendations
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the parking system, addresses concerns of the Public Works Committee and provides other assistance as directed
- Checks and monitors enforcement routes for compliance; analyzes traffic and parking patterns for improvement to city's parking inventory and ordinances
- Repairs and maintains all parking meters on a daily basis, as needed
- Recommends, develops, and analyzes demand-based pricing, parking app zones, Park N Ride and new parking inventory initiatives for the City
- Coordinates and monitors shuttle operations for citywide events
- On call during system working hours including weekends and holidays
- Three years of experience in parking, transportation, business management, or public administration
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Possess the ability to learn and effectively use proprietary software related to the parking operations including, but not limited to, technology implementation for hardware, software and firmware of parking meters, software for parking applications and parking enforcement units
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and reaching with hands and arms, frequently requires standing, walking, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions and occasionally requires sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling; work requires close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, depth perception and color perception; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, using of measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts within arms-length, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work regularly requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions, frequently requires working near moving mechanical parts and is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Understanding or ability to learn the various hardware, software, firmware, systems and applications used by the Parking Department. Ability to identify and implement new technologies when appropriate within the Parking Department. Position will also learn various software used by all city employees (iworq, mipay and others)
Desirable Training and Experience:
Bachelor's degree with coursework in Public Administration, or related field and experience as director or management level in the parking industry or public works, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply for this job