As a team manager you lead a newly composed team in which conducting an integral mobility policy is the common thread.
Would you like to contribute to Kortrijk's mobility policy?
Which team do you join?
Team Mobility is part of the Spatial Planning department in the organizational chart. The team consists of about fifty employees and is jointly responsible for drawing up, developing and implementing the mobility policy, the operation of the parking facilities and its enforcement.
What are your responsibilities
You realize the objectives of the policy.
- You contribute to a progressive policy in Kortrijk in accordance with the administrative agreement.
- You are actively involved in converting the general policy vision into objectives and actions. You watch over its realization.
- The financial follow-up and monitoring the timing of your project portfolio is one of your priorities.
- You draw up policy plans together with your advisors and in collaboration.
- You coordinate the functioning of the team.
- You are responsible for the proper functioning of your team and you coordinate its activities, taking into account the applicable agreements.
- You ensure that the employees of your team function as a close group and a collaborative whole.
- You make proposals for optimizing the operation and services and you discuss these with the director.
- You manage your employees.
- You lead, coach and motivate your employees according to the principles of the vision and personnel policy of the city of Kortrijk, where we aim for a balance and combination of a results-oriented and people-oriented approach.
- You pay a lot of attention to knowledge and information sharing and in this way you create engaged and informed employees.
- You lead the newly formed team and shape an integral partnership.
- You direct, motivate, follow up and guide your own employees so that you always have sufficient competent employees to realize the assignments.
- You are responsible for good internal communication and information flow. You create a motivating and stimulating work climate.
- You put your shoulders under the projects within your own management or within the organization.
- You contribute to determining and implementing the strategic objectives of your management and you ensure that they are translated and supported within your team.
- You perform preparatory analyzes and test the feasibility of projects and you are responsible for determining and monitoring the objectives of the project group.
- You develop your own expertise.
- You put your expertise at the service of those who have an interest in it, so that the proper functioning of your management is guaranteed, even in the event of changing situations and needs.
- You maintain contacts with various teams and (external) organizations with a view to expanding your expertise and a network.
- You represent your team internally and externally and thereby promote the values of the city.
- You monitor and follow the evolution of the mobility theme through various internal and external networks.
- You develop functional networks with other authorities, other central cities and neighboring municipalities, the Roads and Traffic Agency, Transport Region, de Lijn, NMBS, and with the Association of Flemish Cities and Municipalities, professional associations, etc. and maintain these relationships.
What do we expect from you?
Our values and corporate culture play a vital role in our story. We therefore find it important that every employee promotes Kortrijk's values. Are you enterprising? Are you open to other opinions? Do you dare to communicate openly? And you are a real team player. Then you will completely agree with our philosophy. Learn more about our mission and values.
What can you expect from us?
- A contract of indefinite duration at A level.
- Meal vouchers of 7.00 euros.
- Free hospitalization insurance with a preferential rate for partner and children.
- Free connection to GSD-V.
- Free public transport for commuting.
- Bicycle allowance.
- End-of-year bonus.
- Group insurance (second pension pillar).
- A nice leave package (33 to 35 days) and a flexible schedule.
- Depending on the position, options for teleworking.
In addition to seniority from the public sector or education, relevant experience from the private sector or as a self-employed person can also be counted with a maximum of 18 years.
A career with development opportunities and new challenges.
Please Note: the original job description is in Dutch.
Apply for this job