Friedberg is breathing a sigh of relief. After the two multi-storey car parks, East and West were closed several times in recent years due to malfunctions, one is now looking to the future with confidence.
In addition to an extensive renovation project, the Stadtwerke Friedberg have also decided to install an intelligent parking guidance system from MSR-Traffic, which will save car drivers an enormous amount of time when looking for a parking space.
The modern matrix LED displays provide intuitive route guidance also reducing traffic in the garage. Drivers are now guided to the next free parking space via dynamic traffic guidance technology, using ultrasonic sensors.
Due to the structural conditions, different ultrasonic sensors are used per car park. In Friedberg, we distinguish between the “Design” and “Cross” models. Based on the ultrasonic distance measurement, the sensor determines the distance to the ground or vehicle. The result of this measurement is compared with a reference value and evaluated via a complex algorithm. The distance measurement is transmitted to the control center using a serial data line.
Benefits of the ultrasonic sensors include:
- Long service life, low maintenance, and the most economically attractive type of digital single-space detection
- The status of the parking space is determined and displayed by the sensor itself. This makes “emergency operation” possible in the event of a control center failure.
- Power and data via one cable
- Small, robust housing
- Spring-type terminals in the connection module for quick mounting
- Surface or rail mounting, mounting height 2.30–3.20 m
- Integrated, very bright red/yellow/green display – optionally also available as a remote unit
- Sensors are mounted below the car park ceiling, on plaster or on a rail.
- Options: Cable fairlead through the bottom of the housing, red/blue LEDs for disabled parking spaces, 3rd colour (e.g. yellow) for special functions
MSR ultrasonic sensors with colored status LEDs enable accurate counting and single-space detection of vehicles. In order to be fit for the future, the municipal utilities are also making an important and necessary contribution to climate protection. The fast traffic routing reduces CO emissions.
The West multi-story car park is connected to the master computer in the East multi-story car park via the IoT gateway. This allows the existing infrastructure to be used for location-independent internet communication via mobile radio/Ethernet/WiFi. The IoT gateway is a robust, industrial LTE dual SIM router with WiFi, 4x Ethernet ports, I/O, RS-232, RS-485. All MSR-Traffic products are connected to the MSR cloud gateway via VPN.
Further detailed information on MSR-Traffic products can be found in the Online Catalog.
From the idea to the turnkey parking guidance system.
MSR-Traffic offers innovative sensor technology that enables counting and single place detection of vehicles in indoor and outdoor applications. Drivers are quickly guided to the next available parking space via dynamic traffic control technology or via an app. In addition to the development, production, and sales of intelligent parking guidance systems, MSR also provides support in planning and installation on site. www.msr-traffic.de