parkbytext™, Ireland’s leading mobile parking operator, has so far in 2015 recorded an average of 27% of all parking transactions in Luas Park + Ride locations originating from parkbytext™. Stillorgan is the busiest Park + Ride location for parkbytext™, accounting for an average of 40% of all parking revenue. Overall Luas Red Cow is the busiest Park + Ride location.
parkbytext™ and Nationwide Controlled Parking Systems (NCPS) secured a five year contract with Transdev, one of the largest public transport operators across the globe, to provide managed parking systems in the Park + Ride car parks attached to Luas, Dublin’s light rail system. This significant contract commenced at the start of November of last year.
Since November, there has been month on month increases of Luas Park + Ride customers making the switch from coins to the convenience of cashless parking. Over 1,900 Luas Park + Ride customers have now registered with parkbytext™ which accounts for 88% of all Luas parkbytext™ transactions, the remaining 12% are made up of non-account holder and pre booking transactions.
parkbytext™ have reported that over 61% of these transactions originate from the App, 17% Online from parkbytext.ie; 15% from Text and the remaining 7% from both IVR (Interactive Voice Response) & the Customer Care Centre. Daily transactions are the most preferred accounting for 92% of overall transactions, followed by 7% for weekly and the remaining 1% for both monthly and yearly parking durations.
parkbytext™ currently has a successful collaboration with Iarnród Éireann, Ireland’s national rail network provider, and this contract win with Dublin’s light rail service further increases its presence and market leadership in the transport sector. parkbytext™ allows drivers to pay for parking in over 300 car parks in Ireland, the UK and the USA at present and operates with a variety of clients including third level education facilities, transport hubs and City Councils.
Jason Ballard, Managing Director, Nationwide Controlled Parking Systems and parkbytext™ said: “We are delighted with the performance of parkbytext™ at Luas Park + Ride locations so far to date. The introduction of parkbytext™ to Luas customers makes the process of paying for their parking even easier. The Transdev contract win under pins NCPS and parkbytext™’s commitment in the transport services sector. We plan to work closely with Transdev to improve customer service over the next five years. We continue to look forward to provide our services to the general public and to such an innovative service provider such as Transdev, who last year carried over 32.4 million passengers in Ireland.”
Transdev signed the Luas operation contract with National Transport Authority (NTA) and the Railway Procurement Agency (RPA). The company has overseen the operation of the Luas for the last 10 years.
parkbytext™ parkbytext™ is Ireland’s leading mobile parking operator which provides convenient, cashless and cost effective parking by text, IVR, phone, app, web and now also by parkbytext™ 2Bill – parking payments direct to your mobile phone bill or credit – which is a European first in the mobile parking payments sector.
parkbytext™ operates in over 300 car parks in Ireland, the UK and the USA including Irish Rail’s nationwide car parks and third level campus sites, including Limerick Institute of Technology and Dundalk Institute of Technology. The service has extended to all Luas Park + Ride locations (Dublin Tram) as of November 3rd 2014.
As an international business, parkbytext™ has become an Enterprise Ireland HPSU client. In addition, the company was selected as a National Champion in the 2013/2014 European Business Awards. It is the first Irish finalist from the parking sector in the history of the awards to be given this accolade. The company was also named in the top Tech100 by Business and Finance in July 2014.
parkbytext™ have just launched a redesigned website for the Irish market (www.parkbytext.ie). US and UK customers will also be visiting the redesigned website in the coming weeks once final testing has been complete.