In the Austrian carparks, Sika is known as a reliable and highly qualified flooring system supplier. After the launch of the innovative Sika® FloorJoint systems, Sika has become even more popular and valuable, because these systems significantly improve the parking environment by offering watertightness & safety and an easy installation process.
The picture below shows an underground carpark in Linz, Austria where the Sika® FloorJoint joint profile ensures
- Steel and corrosion free installation
- Hardly any vibration noticable under direct traffic
Sika supplied the flooring systems and the floor joint systems in this project. The carpark serves a new-built office and residential building. The modern apartments in the building were designed to have either sunny balconies, terraces or private gardens, and parking lots.In an area of around 5,100 m2 (two underground floors) there were over 180 vehicle parking spaces created. The earth-bearing ground floor was covered with a static crack bridging OS 13 system Sikafloor Multiflex® PB-21, and the intermediate carpark floor with a crack-bridging OS 11b Sikafloor® Multiflex PB-51 system.
The flooring systems for the park deck are required to be
- Crack bridging according to the OS norms
- Abrasion resistant for the car traffic
- Corrosion resistant
- Watertight joint profiles for the numerous joints in the concrete substrate to provide long-term protection.
- Chemical resistance to petrol and diesel fuels, engine oils, urea solutions, saturated saline solutions and lubricants in accordance with the construction and testing principles of the Deutsches Institut für structural engineering
Flooring systems: Sikafloor® MultiFlex PB-21 and PB-51 - grey-colored broadcoast systems. They have the following features:
- Crack-bridging at low temperature
- Primer with low-viscosity, colorless two-component material
- Highly elastic
- Chemical resistant
- Abrasion resistant
- Slip resistant
- Color options
Floor joint system: Sika® FloorJoint PB-30 PD
Sika® FloorJoint PD (= Park Deck) is a prefabricated, carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) composite floor panel with high mechanical resistance. Its waved joint design allows for improved load distribution and results in minimum vibrations under direct car and forklift traffic. The profile is equipped with a recessed flange along both sides used to blend in with new floor coverings for smooth transition. Sika® FloorJoint PD is the main part of the Sika® FloorJoint PB-30 PD system. The system has the following features:
- High mechanical and chemical resistance
- Waterproof system design possible
- For gaps in the substrate with a maximum width of 60 mm (maximum positive joint movement = 40 mm)
- Grindable profile for level integration into the floor surface
- Hardly any vibrations noticeable under direct car traffic
- Thermal expansion coefficient similar to resin-based floors
- Easy to install / easy to repair
- Short downtime / trafficable after 24 h
Sika is a specialty chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping reinforcing, and protection in the building sector and the motor vehicle industry. Sika has subsidiaries in more than 90 countries around the world and manufactures in over 160 factories.